Well, here I am, agian talking about how great the book "Inside Out Girl" has captured my imagination. The way that the author discribes the characters is amazing. She discribes the characters in enough detail that you understand the character's look, but she leaves spaces out where you can create the rest of the character. For example:
Len stood on the mat, in what must be his uniform, battered jeans and a white top-this time a creamy turtleneck.
The author discribes the man's clothes, but not his face of hair, which the reader gets to imagine of. Tish Cohen must do this on purpose so that the readers feel like they are almost creating the story as well
Before I go to read, I just wanted to add in that the story is starting to pick up, and I am enjoying the story even more now that hopefully an interesting part will come up and make me write another blog soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment