What is your favourite colour?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reading Response #2

In my book, "Inside Out Girl", there has been a little more detail, but not much. The book is really just still explaining the characters, setting and background history. (i.e.- When Len's wife died) Overall, I am still enjoying the story, so far. As the book progresses, the author is just starting to explain the lives of the characters in their past. For example, Rachel was talking about when she had a teenage pregnency and lost the baby when she was born. That story relates to the plot because Len's 10 year old daughter has N.L.D. which affects her learning abilities. Rachel was told that her daughter that she lost was going to have a learning disorder, just like Olivia has.
     If I could talk to one of the characters in the story, I would choose to talk to Len, a single parent who has raised his daughter, Olivia who has N.L.D. I would ask him questions like, "How was it loosing your wife when you just found out about your daughter's illness?' or, "Since you are a lawyer, has the craziness at work effected your realtionship with you daughter as she grew up?' I would also aks, "What was it like raising Olivia on your own, with really no help from your parents, as they could not handle Olivia's condition?"
      Like I said in my last blog, I am enjoying this book, but I hope that the story will pick up and get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment