What is your favourite colour?

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#19- Much Ado About Nothing

     "We are starting Shakespeare..." Oh great. Why? I love english except for the Shakespeare and grammer studdies. Everything else I can handle. I was thinking those words all through out the english classes leading up to last week. When Mr. McGuchan said that we had to act out a Shakespearean play, I died just thinking about how we have to dress up, speak with accents while saying words that we don't even know the meaning to! But I have to say, that the M.A.A.N. play is starting to look a little nicer than other plays that I have had to do.
     I felt that the movie was an okay movie. It was better than some plays that we have watched. But, I still don't know what the hey nonny nonny part was about, or even what it ment. It was a little weird how in the beginning they all decided to bathe together. I also found that the characters were a little confusing to remember, but after I finally learned most of the people's names. It was also a little okward when Don John tricked everyone into thinking that Hero had cheated by making Margret look like Hero when she was saying "hello" to her lover. I enjoyed the ending of the play when the two couples  got married and lived happily ever after.
     I loved where the setting was. Italy is so beautiful that it added more amazement to the play. When the movie was at a standsitll, you just looked in the background and you could see how beautiful the landscape was and why the director and Shakespeare decided to place the play there.
    I was also excited when I heard that we were going to watch a Shakespearian play that wasn't a ragedy! The plays that I have seen from Shakespeare was Romeo and Juliette and Julian Cesear and I was starting to think that Shakespeare was a depressed man while he was alive and writing all of his plays.
   So, to conclude my feelings of the play Much Ado About Nothing, I feel that it is a romantic, funny play and I can't wait to actually be able to understand most of the words that they said as we dig deeper into the meaning of the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment