For Teenagers, the internet is...
a place where you don't have to be yourself and you can express your feelings and your "true identity" With the new social websites like Facebook and Twitter, any teenager can go onto the social networks and create a new personality for themselves. With blogs, like blogger, teens can express their feelings on a certain topic. (just like what I am doing right now) As a teenager, after watching the documentary, Growing Up Online, I have finally been able to see the disadvantages of the internet for our age group. Whatever we put out onto the internet, anyone can retrieve the information, even if it was deleted. So, if we are applying for a job or university, the adults can go onto the internet, google our names (or whatever they do) and find everything that we have done. Before we saw this documentary, I wasn't even thinking about what I was posting on facebook. Sure I didn't swear or anything like that, but it still made me think about what I had online. I tried to see where I could clean up my profile page to make it look less okward to me. And just a few days ago when I saw some different posts on Facebook, it made me think about the film. I thought about how that one, little post could stop that person from following their dreams.
So, when I try to finish the sentence, for teenagers, the internet is... I find myself after thinking about how the internet has changed our generation for ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment