Wow, what a roller coaster ride in this part of the book! While I was reading the part where Binti's father died and at the funeral, it brought tears to my eyes. I am starting to enjoy the book more now that the pace has picked up.
My overall thoughts on Binti's family ( the uncles) were that they are mean, selfish people who take advantage of nice, "rich" family members like Bambo and his children. I thought that Binti's aunts, uncles and cousins were very rude and took advantage of Binti's family. They would have money given to them from Bambo and they never seemed grateful that he was at least giving them a share of his profits. I think that also proves that they are selfish. Once they came to the funeral, they seemed to not even give remorse to Binti and her siblings when they were suffering after their loss. I think that they only came to the funeral to show they were "saddened" by the loss of Bambo and to see if there was any money left.
The person that I dislike the most in the story right now would be the greedy family. Like I wrote before, they seemed to care little about Binti, Junie and Kwasi and wanted the rest of the money that Binti and her siblings had.
My favourite character is Gogo, Binti's grandmother. I found that she is courageous, strong and innocent. Gogo is courageous and strong. The way she stood up at her son's funeral and talked about AIDS makes me think that. AIDS has really effected Africa and the world, so the fact that she would stand up in front of all of those people who have probably been effected by AIDS and talked to them about how they should stop it, was very brave. The reason why I said Gogo is innocent is because she has lost many family members to AIDS and she cannot stop it. Many people have told me that it takes one person to change the world but it seems so hard for Gogo. She is trying to spread the word that this disease has to stop but everyone knows that and still there seems to be no end. And now that she has spoken about AIDS and her outlook on it, I know that some how, that can make a difference.
I predict that Binti and her siblings will be split up and be forced to live with the uncles, aunts and cousins. I also hope that this story doesn't have too many tearful events because I am running out of Kleenex!
No comments:
Post a Comment